Friday, July 6, 2007

I got some feedback saying that my links werent working, however, they've worked just fine when i've tried them on various computers. So, with that, i'll just quickly ask that if the links are, in fact, not working for more then one person, leave a comment. Let me know.

The Gentle Waves - "Falling From Grace"

When I first saw the movie "Pumpkin", the last song from the film was perpetually running through my head. It wasnt until accidently coming across the movie the other night that it dawned upon me to watch the credits all the way through in order to find out who performs this delicate and incredibly catchy melody. As it turns out (and as I had slightly suspected) the song "Falling From Grace" is by Isobel Campbell's older side project, The Gentle Waves. You could say that Campbell is best known as the vocalist/cellist for Belle and Sebastian, and also for the most recent album she did with Mark Lanegan. "Falling From Grace" maintains a delicate and exquisite string of echoes which slowly but not wholly reaches a sweet-tempered climax where the horns and strings elegantly furnish the song with such grace. You could say that it almost leaves you feeling a bit more refined.

Bell - "Moon River"

Now, I wont lie. Listening to this cover of "Moon River" makes me beam and smile that huge dopey expression that some of you might be lucky enough to know all too well. Although musician Olga Bell, is nothing but a mystery to me, I do know three things. She is from New York. She is very easy on the eyes. Her sound is keen and fresh, its a whole lot of charming and delightful and pleasing, plus a little bit of husky and forward. Wonderful.

No comments: